Dedicated lines/surge protectors?

with all this talk of dedicated lines, it just occured to me, do you guys use one surge protector for each outlet? It seems silly to go to all the trouble and expense of adding 4 sepeparate 20amp cicuits for my main system components, and then plug them all into the same surge protector?
Joeb
joeb
Hi Joe. It's true that power companies will rent you a whole house surge protector, and provide $10,000 for damages. But what if your system is worth more than that? Silly question at this forum. I would recommend a surge protector from a reputable company such as ZeroSurge. It is more cost efficient to get their box with four surge protectors: one for each dedicated line. One surge protector runs about $200, whereas a box with four is around $500. Getting protection from ZeroSerge and the power company will really give you peace of mind.
Les,
you are busy tonight aren't you? Well I will have to look up this company
Thanks
Redwood,

Just read the product info from the Zero Surge website...interesting. How does it sound relative to the competition? I see that they have a 20 amp unit with hospital grade outlets, but don't see which HG outlet they're using.
Wdi, I have the surge protection box that looks like a circuit breaker box, but with circuit boards instead. There are no receptacles, only terminal screws to hook up wiring that goes out to the receptacles.
Hi Wdi:
MOV's are available from Radio Shack. Mouser Electronics, Digikey also likely. I buy mine in that specific model from industrial suppliers such as Newark Elecronics or Allied Electroncis.