Rogue Owners Unite

Hello Rogue Owners. The goal of this thread is to let Rogue owners discuss the tubes they have tried in their amps/preams and discuss other tweeks that have been implemented with success. It would also be nice if you'd post your system components to help us compare notes.
buckingham
Buckingham- I dont think the sand tweak would apply to your Tempest.Check with Mark to be sure.
Philjolet-That Sovtek 12AX7 is your problem.Get a very low noise NOS for that position in your phono stage.
Try a Tungsram SLN=super low noise.This is one quiet AND sweet sounding tube!!
Philjolet-those Phillips are 12AU7's and decent tubes.
Ask Mark what your 6SN7's are.He'd know.
I just got a Rogue 99 Magnum two days ago. I didn't even check to see what tubes were in it. I know they are supposed to be NOS of some kind. I've only had a chance to listen for a few hours. so far I've found it to have a slightly veiled, closed in sound with a rolled off high end. Can I expect things to open up in due time? I have it running with a McCormack DNA 125, Arcam 92, Dynaudio 72's and Acoustic Zen cables. Thanks for any advice.
Has anyone gone from the stock Rogue 66 lsr to the Magnum version and with what results? Would I benefit more going from a 66 to the 99 or upgrading my 66 to the Magnum version?
Bradz, if you have the money go with the 99, if not the magnum upgrade is very good. It is better than a stock 66 in all areas, you can use a number of different tubes after you done the mod to the 66. the tube I use is the E80cc, if you use this tube be sure to let Mark know so he can mod it to use that tube, you will never go back to a 12au7 after you hear it. Greg