Any tricks to keep cats away from speaker grills?

Hi all,
I have cats and they finally damaged one of my speaker grills. I know that the reflex would be to inflict pain to them but I would prefer to use a passive/preventive method.

thanks
miket2us
I think that you should just let them follow their natural instincts. I was able to purchase a pair of cat damaged speakers at a really great price, repaired by the manufacturer and shipped back to me for a fraction of their worth. If there are any Avalon owners in need of a cat or two please let me know and i will get them to you ASAP.
There's a spray you can use on the covers that should repel cats. Check with your vet.

Ross
I set two scratching posts in the livingroom right next to the speakers. One is a 6' kitty condominium. the other is a 3'job that is mostly rope wound around a round 4x4. The cat has been very good never to use the speaker grills. Knock on wood.
i think some well-constructed moats might work, particularly when coupled with my natural sod tweak noted in another thread. (i wouldn't stock the moats with koi, tho a few piranha might add to the effect.) -cfb