Any tricks to keep cats away from speaker grills?

Hi all,
I have cats and they finally damaged one of my speaker grills. I know that the reflex would be to inflict pain to them but I would prefer to use a passive/preventive method.

thanks
miket2us
There is supposed to be spray cans with ingredients that cats hate. I suppose you could try that and see what their reaction is.

The only other thing is to give them something else they prefer to play with (or scratch). What about one of those carpet covered posts at Petsmart?
I think that you should just let them follow their natural instincts. I was able to purchase a pair of cat damaged speakers at a really great price, repaired by the manufacturer and shipped back to me for a fraction of their worth. If there are any Avalon owners in need of a cat or two please let me know and i will get them to you ASAP.
There's a spray you can use on the covers that should repel cats. Check with your vet.

Ross
I set two scratching posts in the livingroom right next to the speakers. One is a 6' kitty condominium. the other is a 3'job that is mostly rope wound around a round 4x4. The cat has been very good never to use the speaker grills. Knock on wood.