Speakers: all-time worst

What is the all-time worst (home audio speaker systems, not the plastic cabinets or ceiling types) loudspeaker system that you have heard, and why? In other words, the all-time worst value.
wenterprisesnw
Stop bashing Bose! They're the smartest people on the planet! Dr. Amar is a pure genius, smarter than Albert Einstein. Bose has taken a piece of junk and using smart marketing and advertising, built an audio empire. Their board of directors must be fun to be around because they're always laughing all the way to the bank! P.T. Barnum was right. There's a sucker born every minute. So, let's bash something else. How about Infinity?
I believe if I cracked open my speakerphone and smoke detector and mounted their drivers in a shoe box the sound would be more pleasant than any offering from Bose.
Okay, I'll take the bait and go after something other than Bose: PSB. At least the lineup below the Bronze. I've heard these speakers in a variety of setting at different stores and, while they are not godawful, I think they're pretty unimpressive. I really don't get how others can compare them to, say, Monitor Audio or Paradigm or even B&W of comparable prices and pick the PSB. A very dull, artificial sound in my book. Or am I just hearing them in extremely poor setups?
I agree with several of the respondents. I had a Bose 901 about 14 years ago and the sound was RUBBISH. Unfortunately I fell prey to the MIT hype, and should have known better. At least the experience thought me what NOT to listen for and subsequently I bought a Spendor LS35a, B&W CDM1, and a Contour 3.3 by Dynaudio.