Top ten DD turntables of all time?

I'm getting back into vinyl and need some suggestions. Please don't suggest belt drives!!! Better yet, let's mention only vintage DD turntables, since I feel they are superior to anything being manufactured today.
rod1957
Cwlondon, the Linn LP12 is a "finicky" table, which requires specific knowledge to set up properly. I can understand if you had a frustrating experience with it. I, however, am a factory trained Linn setup technician, and had no trouble at all keeping my LP12 in top operation order.

For those with similar experiences to Cwlondon, perhaps a simple direct drive table might be a good choice, or even some other more easily set up belt drive tables. You'll find that an unsuspended TT is much easier to set up, regardless of drive system used.

I don't mean to sound harsh about my assessments of these tables. I just want to provide some perspective about the various levels of performance available from certain designs and implementations.
In no particular order:
Nakamichi TX 1000
Technics SP 10 (all of them)
Goldmund Studio and Studietto
EMT 938;948;950
Thorens TD 524 and 535 (made by EMT)

My own favourites are the EMT's. The best record players known to man and untweakable.
I'm a proud owner of a Sphinx Project 6 DD turntable ,Dutch brand , only 5 made , based on a JVC DD motor (like the Goldmund Studietto ),arm is the airbearing Eminent ET ,cart. the Dynavector 17 mk2 , in my opinion
a hard to beat combination.Of course the pre-pre is Audio
Research PH 5.
Just picked up a Nakamichi TX-1000 turntable. Installed a Fidelity Research Fr-66s tonearm and an Audio Note IO2 Cartridge on it. It sounds absolutely fabulous. This is the best analog setup I have ever owned. Beats my Oracle/SME combo any time of day and also my fully tricked up Michell Gyrodec/SME/Rega RB300 setup.

The speed and pitch stability is second to none and it runs very quiet.

Here are a few good DD choices IMO

1. Nakamichi TX-1000
2. Technics SL-1000 (SP-10 with obsidian base)
3, Denon DP-100
4. Micro Seiki DDX 1000/1500
5. EMT
Hmm.

Maybe i can be of help here. I have had virtually all the rare direct drive decks from japan.

The very best, which is strange, is the broadcast Denon DN-308 with the DP-100 motor unit. Its a big beast and ultra rare but worth the hassle.

The technics sp-10 mk3 is a stunning table.

Denon DP-100 also up there with the best.

1. Denon DN-308
2. Denon DP100 and Technics SP-10mk3
3. Pioneer Exlcusive P3
4. Nak T-1000 (when its working properly)
5. Sony PSX9
6. Yamaha GT-2000X
7. Micro Seiki DDX1500 and Pioneer P10

I've had more but you asked for direct drive.