Cars R OK, but what kind of motorcycle do you have

The thread about what AudiogoNers drive is fun to see, but I was wondering what kind of motorcycles are represented by the crazy people here? I know this has been discussed a little on other threads, but If we can slip this by the censors, it might be fun.

I have a Victory V92C. It's a few years old now, but it still a fun cruiser!

What about you?
128x128nrchy
Jim,

You are right about the RZ wobbling. I didn't really notice it until I went back to it after wadding my VFR down in the KY twisties. I had kept the RZ and started riding it again after totaling the VFR. I couldn't believe how bad it handled after riding a more modern machine. I promptly sold it and bought my buddy's 900RR.

I don't know about Nicky repeating. There are several other good contenders and it's very hard to stay on top.

Your right about the Duc. It's a bit expensive and a bit fast for my current taste. But it is absolutely beautiful. Honestly, I think the Honda GB500 is the ticket for me. Looks cool, can be tricked to look nearly identical to a 1965 racer, it's relatively slow, sounds cool, blah, blah.

I must be getting old!

Enjoy,

TIC
Tom,

It took me a little while to find the time to look up what a GB500 is. I don't know a lot about singles, but it does look cool. Some of the nicest customs I've seen have been based on singles. There is something about the simplicity and functionality that strikes a resonant chord!

Hope you find one if you decide to go for it!

Jim S.
For Jim or anyone interested in seeing a Honda GB500, here's a link to an ad for one. It is a good photo of a stock bike. Click on the photo to enlarge.

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/3/1/87117331.htm

The bummer is that I could have bought a brand new one in the early '90s for about $2500-2800. They didn't sell worth crap at the time of their procuction run and dealers were nearly giving them away. Oh well, I guess I'll get to fuel the economy a bit by paying double when I'm ready for one.....

Enjoy,

TIC
I am riding a Yamaha FJ 1100, the last of the great air cooled bikes. But now it is 1400 cc's, flat slide Keihn carbs, Carillo rods, titanium valves, Perf. machine brakes/floating rotors, puffed out swing arm, gumball 17" tires f/r, 4 into 2 exhaust, stock cam timing, rebuilt trans. with stock gearing--and there is not a bike made that can touch it in a top gear roll on.
Oh my gosh, that is a reaaaally pristene piece. Funny how some things go up in price. I see why you want one.

Don't tell anybody, but I paid $800 for my wifes YSR50 as a Christmas present in 90 or 91. I have seen them for sale recently over $3M and not in as good of a condition and not all original.

Does this ever happen in Audio gear. I am aware of something of a collectors market in "antique" gear, but just good functionality that actually appreciates over time? Or is it more a matter of art?

PS. - Huntermusic - That is a pretty bold statement. I get large displacement and what it provides, but cripes, there are so many lightweight hot rods being built out of the factories?

Jim S.