Best Bike to ride before a good listening session

Ellsworth Truth, of course
truthrider
Carbon Trek Y-11. Great Mountain bike with out feeling like you are riding a pogo stick. Pretty fast. I get alot of looks when riding. After a good hard ride I come home and listen and relax. Makes for a feel good day.
Aw Plato, now why d'ja hafta bring my mother into it?

I ride for me exclusively. I ride to make my muscles hurt and my lungs burn. I ride because sweating seems to be the only way of eliminating toxins that accumulate from life in a big city. I ride to test my technical skills as well as my mental resolve. I ride to feel the wind and to sense exhilaration. In those ways, probably, mtn bikers prolly aren't that much different than roadies.

But, come out of the cave and see the light--there is more to life than asphalt. I get enough of that commuting. I ride to see great scenery, to connect in a tangible and physical way with the outdoors. I ride to generate endorphins because I choose to test my skills against hard trails. In a world where everything is made safe, where fences protect people from themselves, there is a great sense of freedom in making your own choices, which may carry consequences, and to accept fully the responsibility for your life in the form of scar tissue.

And yeah, mtn biking requires a lot of maintenance and I do pretty much tear my bike apart every couple of weeks in season. I actually like taking the thing apart and putting it back together and getting grit in my fingernails and knowing *exactly* how everything works and making everything crisp and tight. I liked building my bike to begin with. As a result, while I've taco'ed tires and busted derailleurs from abuse, I've *never* had my bike mechanically fail on me.

As far as pretentiousness goes, I'll admit to really enjoying, on those days where timing forces me to use the roadie path by my house, blowing by someone on a his trial-bar equipped Litespeed in his Postie yellow jersey riding my suspension rig. Then again, you are on a high-end audio forum, so pretension sort of comes with the territory, no?

I am a thrill seeker. I think its sad when anyone decides to stop testing themselves. Sorry you've outgrown that. Hope it never happens to me. ; )
I am surprised to see so many cyclists here. I like to stay on for a while when I get in the saddle. I prefer steel-smooths out the ride! The best insult hurled at me was when I intruded into the local MTB haven looking for a chain cleaner. When the sales guy found out what I rode, he looked at me with disdain and said- "why are you worried about a dirty chain-your socks don't even get dirty!

A century on this one was great.http://www.oswaldcycleworks.com/gallery3.php
(Mine is the yellow frome near the bottom)
I would have to say the Somec Black Dragon full DCS carbon w/ Dura-Ace 10. There are only 4 of these frames in the US and the ride is unbelievable.