Two systems? Why?

I mentioned on another thread that I have two completely different systems, one for HT and one for music. I wonder how many of y'all have taken that approach. Anyone care to comment on your systems and how they differ?

I'll start off.
My HT system: Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v2 mains, Reference CC, Reference ADP surrounds, and Servo 15 sub; Parasound 2500u pre/pro; Parasound 2205AT amp; Toshiba SD5700 DVD; Sony CX90ES CD jukebox; Monster cables.

My music system: JM Lab Mezzo Utopia speakers; Belles 350A amp; Rega Jupiter 2000 CD; various cables. No vinyl and no tubes (gasp).

Persons familiar with this gear will see clearly that I am seeking two quite different goals with these systems.

Others take a moment to share?
bishopwill
I have 3 at home, plus one at work. Main audio; HT; and a small combination Audio/2 channel HT in the home office (bedroom). HT is for the family; Main Audio system for me; and the den/home office system for when working, when the HT is in use, or when my wife wants to do some work and listen to her music. The Main Audio system and HT system are on the same floor with no sound buffer, so they cannot be used at the same time.

Different sound need and goals. The home office combo audio/2ch HT system has an integrated amp, turntable, tuner, tape deck, VCR, and has a Stan Warren modified DVD player, so it works well with music and for movies when going to the Sony TV.

The HT system is modest but does the job; Onkyo HT receiver, B&W 302s all around with CC3 center and a REL Q100E sub; plus DVD player, VCR and a Laserdisc player.

The Audio system is too complex to list in detail. It is by far the best of the bunch.

I believe the Champ is Jeff in Montreal with 5 systems at last count. (I suggest he needed one in his bathroom too #6).

I do not have an HT system as I don't have to much interest in that direction. But I agree that they are totally different in orientation and design goals. Listening to music is quite different than being enveloped with a movie sound track. You have done a nice job on the music side even though I have a penchant for vinyl and tubes. I think it's to bad that so many and so much of the industry are moving in one direction down the HT path. Although sometimes I think I just want something to fuss over.

Sincerely, I remain
I have two systems:

HT

Paradigm Studio 80v2
Paradigm Studio 40s
Studio CC
Outlaw 750
Sony ta9000es
Sony DVD player
JBL powered sub

2Channel

Dynaudio Confidence 5
Classe CAM-350s
Arcam FMJ-Cd23
Classe Omega preamp
Wireworld gold eclipse III cables
Exact Power 2000 (2)

The HT system is for background music and watching movies in the family room. The 2 channel is in a dedicated listening room. Bedroom system is next.
IMHO it’s a matter of priorities and allocation of spending funds. If one is willing to compromise quality of the stereo setup, then integrated system is OK.
For myself, after painful attempts to build an integrated system I finally decided to have 2 separate ones – the best-I-can-afford stereo and OK HT.
Stereo(vinyl and tubes!) : Kuzma TT with Dyanvector cart/BAT phono,cd,pre,amps /Avalon speakers .
HT: EAD prepro/B&K amp/KEF speakers/Sunfire sub/Pioneer Elite TV, LD and DVD.
Both setups work great for what they are without interfering with each other.
I have at least 3 currently set up , with enough gear to put together at least 2 more if I had the space.

Kitchen system: Linn Classik, Rega Vulcan sub, M&K S-80 speakers.

Theater/bedroom system: (can be used as 2-channel or 5-channel home theater) - Rotel/Aliante/Sony/HK/Yamaha, etc.

Big Rig 2-channel system: SET monoblocks, ML CLS, stereo subs, BAT, Sony, etc.

Extra crap that could be another system: 47 Lab gaincard, Aerial 5s, Sony ES CD player, CJ Prem. 5 monoblocks, extra DVD player, etc.

When I get a bigger house will probably set up at least a 4th system. Have thought of even setting up 2 in different sides of my existing listening room.

-Ed