Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Just discovered new fav - Kim Jade. Nice mix of blues, soul and light rock. Strong voice and good backup band. Recording is pretty decent too. Her CD is played in full at www.kimjade.com. Just open the site but don't go to any of the links and the music will start.
I agree with Rayhall's comment on Dee Dee Bridgewate's Live at Joshi's. Fantastic vocals, listen to the track were she is trying to imitate a trumpet!

Mina Agossi remains still one of my favorites
I have to join in. I have several. but, Roberta Flack older stuff is simple wonderful. Her voice live made people in the audience gasp. Her newer recordings are more pop than jazz vocals. But, here earlier music is great. Try Eva Cassidy (check out her version of autumn leaves. Absolutely the most wonderful sound. Marilyn Scott's version of Here's to Life is the best that I have ever heard and is simply marvelous. Some artist are great some times, good others, depending on the songs, recording style, music, etc. But every now and then you find one song, such as the two listed above that are simply incredible. Also, Ofra Housa (wonderful).