Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
As a P.S. to my above...Rosanne Cash was mentioned by a previous person.. An excellent example of a woman putting emotion and her own style into a song...rather than the endless string of manufactured female singers in what has become of Country Music.
Try Rachell Farrell (First Instrument). She will have a new CD out this month. Absolutely breathtaking. I also like Joni Mitchell's "Mingus" CD.
I was knocked out by KD Lang's ternary; "Even Cowgirl's Get The Blues", "Ingenue", and "All You Can Eat". Although, much if her music is overproduced, having seen her live has helped me appreciate her range and emotional expression. Roseanne Cash's "10 Song Demo" is surprisingly beautiful. Whitney Houston is someone I hear solely on HBO, but her voice is remarkable. As far as great musical experiences few can top Janis Joplin. Total heart and soul(ass-kicking drugs, too) run through this woman's veins. Indigo girl's self-titled CD is great from beginning to end. PJ Harvey is one ball buster, and I get off on her ass-dragging delivery and lyrics. Grace Jones has demonstrated ripping vocals that mesh so well with her hard driving bass lines. Great fun to listen to. Yvonne Elliman, Clapton's "Slowhand" back-up and voice of the original Mary Magdalene in "Jesus Christ Superstar" has a lovely voice. In Jazz, Sara Vaughan, Helen Merrill, Abbey Lincoln Ms. Fitzgerald, Betty Carter, Dinah Washington lead the pack. Contemporaries, Randy Crawford, Diana Krall, Natalie Cole, etc., offer much, but I am not nearly as moved. I know nearly nothing of the Diva world, but realize the best must be within this genre.