Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Some great suggestions, to which I'd add Holly Cole. Not sure if it's available on CD now or only vinyl, but some old Renaissance (with Annie Haslam) is worth a listen if you can handle the source.
Sade, super sultry carribean soul, start with greatest hits but any album is great. Cranberries 1st two albums are beautiful. Everyone should have one Loreena McKinnet, try "The Visit" or "Mask & Mirror". Enya "Paint the sky with Stars" is beautiful surreal trip.
If nothing else, this is going to help CDNOW.com secure more of my beer money. Lots of artists mentioned I don't have yet. I concur w/ Diana Krall, Ricki Lee Jones as well. Would add Jane Relf (recommend "Out of the mist" by Illusion, an old Renaissance offshoot), Sally Oldfield (makes guest appearances on old progressive recordings, like Steve Hackett's "Voyage of the Acolyte", and a couple of her brother Mike's stuff). And in the classical realm, would recommend Kiri Te Kanawa, especially "Ave Maria", a release of sacred songs on Deutsche Gramaphone.
Also, check out Aimee Mann ('til Tuesday) and Allison Moyet (Yaz/Yazoo). Don't rely on what you've heard on MTV or the radio to judge these two.
....I should have added Natalie Cole's "Unforgettable"-- outstanding; and Anne Murray has one of the great voices of the last half century, IMHO. Craig