Best of Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan

What is your favorite album or 'must own' song or recording by the following artists:

Etta James
Ella Fitzgerald
Sarah Vaughan
Billie Holiday

Just looking to pick up a few new CD's and there are SO many from these catalogues. Content is the MOST important, quality is second. If the recording is the best of both, great!!!

Thanks!
jh2os
Ella Fitzgerald and Louie Armstrong duets are excellent. Especially Porky and Bess, which is also an excellent quality recording.
I have several of Ella's discs, but I prefer Sarah Vaughan. One of her later releases on the Pablo label is my favorite with a real all-star group of Joe Pass, Oscar Peterson, Louie Bellson, and others. I have a Japanese version of it, but know that it was released domestically. Not sure of the number, but title is "How Long How This Been Going On". Check it out. Sonics are okay, but the performances are great.
It's hard to go wrong with any of these fine women.... Personal favorites of mine are: Billie Holiday "Songs for Distingue Lovers (later) or basically any of her earlier Columbia small band stuff, Try the Ella/Ellington records (really cool stuff), and the Sarah Vaughan/Oscar Peterson stuff is amazing.

Chris
I'll second the Etta Jones recommendation. One of my favorites. Sarah is my all time favorite.
Definitely get Ella with Duke Ellington. That recording years ago convinced me that I really could get into jazz. I recently rediscovered it after about 15 years, and it really is terrific. Also Ella with Count Basie is not to be missed. And I'll second the Ella with Louis too.