Another sign SACD is dying

I went to Best Buy to purchase some SACDs and after searching for the special section containing sacds and xrcds without success, I asked the salesman where they were. He informed me that they were all removed since dual disc is now the rage. WOW!
jmslaw
I also dabble in Jazz and classical-my two most recent were Pat Methney and Keith Jarret's new ones.
Classical is the same,the most recent things I've bought Satie on EMI and also some Choral Renaissance music were both only Redbook.

I admit the majority of my purchases are not the type of way SACD has went although about 30-40% of my purchases are reissues.
I wish SACD would have made a bigger splash. I think a series of factors have limited SACD's chance of success. Two hi-rez formats in the market, the rise of MP3/iPod and finally, new music for the most part sucks (IMO)! The record companies have been wailing for some time that music sales (read CD sales) are down.

There are a couple of things that may either breath new life into SACD or kill it. One is that there is a new CEO for the company who is looking to "kill" unprofitable areas of the business. This may doom SACD.

On the other hand, the new Sony PS-3 has SACD capabilities (and Blu-ray). Perhaps video games may have SACD sound? Maybe kids will say "wow! that sounds good." which may expose SACD to a new demographic of consumer - and one that tends buy a lot of music too! ????

Obviously I'm speculating but it is clear the format is at a crossroads.

where is the best online site for scad selection,went to the sound shop and asked if they had a hybrid section,he did not know what I was talking about,any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated,thanks
I wanted to get the SACD of Deep Purple - Machine Head but was not able to find it online, Amazon.com had it but it was a long wait. I found it at Amazon UK and ordered it along with Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms ltd edition digipack SACD. When they ship internationally they minus the VAT of 17.5 percent and if you order it to be shipped out to the US by normal mail it turns out a lot cheaper in the bargain.

Hope someone finds this to be useful