Why not accordion ?

To my point of view it's one of the most universal solo instruments, but not widely accepted in any classical or jazz orchestras or bands. It's also sophisticated. I'd say extremely sophisticated. In order to deliver smooth and artistic sound it may require long and extensive practice to handle bellows and position your hands properly. In addition there are two button boards that can deliver sophisticated polyphonic parts that can create an impression of small band inside one instrument. You can also count on fingers great accordionists while you can have an endless list of great guitarists or saxophonists.
czarivey
Post removed 
Can you imagine what Jimi Hendrix would look like playing an accordion? I wonder what the accordion version of Stairway to Heaven would sound like. lol. I guess you really do have a good sense of humor Czarivey.
Zd, if you check KTU progressive rock band(accordion based), you will speak completely different on what is achievable or not on accordion. Get creative and play some Purple Haze just using basic acoustic accordion not Rolland V.
Modern generation of accordionists prove it, but still not enough crowd to appreciate. It's all depends on crowd size, not style of music.
Google "Kepa Junkera".

I live in the Los Angeles area, where it is illegal to play an accordion.

Play an accordion - Go directly to jail - It's the law!
There was an accordion on one of the early stones songs, lady jane or backstreet girl, something like that. Maybe concertina is the actual instrument.