foreign lyrics -------do you care?

Foreign lyrics - does any body care if you can not understand the lyrical content of a particular piece of music? Many of my non audiophile friends would not even pretend to entertain the thought of listening to foreign music. To me, the human voice is a beautiful and complex instrument wether or not I understand the lyrics. Emotion and passion are universal.
fotis_k
dosnt matter to me either, I love Stereolab,but cant understand a word of french!
I may not get the point or the language, but occationally I can still enjoy the music. My imagination is such that I might even arrive at a different point and far better lyrics, and sometimes that is all i would care to do. Other times I am curious what the translation might amount to and I will investigate.
My point of view is a little different. Much of modern music contains lyrics that are basically inane prattle and self-indulgent dreck. Occasionally you find something beautiful and/or socially significant, but it is the exception.

Sometimes I put on some Latin music (which I rather like) and that way I can pretend that the words are beautiful and have deep meaning without actually understanding how run-of-the-mill they probably are...

Plus, I took Espanol in high school so I recognize some words and phrases and I can add my own slant from there. :)

I've been spending a fair bit of time re-discovering French rock & blues lately, mind you I do speak French so I suppose it's not really "foreign" to me. When I travel I hear all kinds of different music and quite enjoy it so... yes I like foreign lyrics.

p.s. if you enjoy bluesy rock you definately need to give Offenbach a listen (Gerry Boulet's voice was made for the blues, awesome whiskey growl), and Harmonium sounds like a French CSNY. Both Quebec-based bands from the 1970's & 1980's that may be unfamiliar to most here.
For those brave souls out there who are not afraid to listen to lyrics in a language other than your own and find interest in a hauntingly beautiful female voice, try Artrosis. Medeah's vocals are, at times, amazing. I never knew Polish could sound so good. Try the link, a sample of her voice will start automatically.

http://artrosis.rockmetal.art.pl/