Any good Contemporary Christian recordings

I really enjoy contemporary christian music on the radio but have found the few cd's I purchased were lacking in fidelity. Any good recordings to recommend?

Jack
gooddomino
Though Woven Hand clearly does reveal a founding signature in Edwards' genius, and is an extension of 16HP in that respect, I find those two bands very distinctive from each other. I can take Woven Hand in much smaller doses. 16HP I could listen to all day. Woven Hand is darker, more cerebral, more complex and brooding, and at times even a bit abstract. You won't hear as much of the roots of folk, Appalachia, gospel, bluegrass and rock, that makes the music of 16 Horsepower such a unique and distinctive fusion of sounds. Woven Hand is also a highly unique fusion of sounds but definitely not hot the same or even similar to my ears - you can hear Edwards lead, yes, but he's using a different musical vocabulary. But there is no mistaking Edwards presence in both bands - Yes, "Intense" most certainly describes him very well. He reminds me a bit of Nick Cave in some respects, who also uses uses lots of religious references in his music/lyrics, and is also a very theatrical and intense performer. No, 16HP are definitely not your grampa's Christian Rock band - good call on that Marty. Other 16HP band members went on to do a project called Lillium which I don't care for at all. It sounds nothing like 16hp.
I think Mutemath is purpoted to be a "christian" band. I'm somewhat new to their music, recently purchasing their latest album "Odd Soul". ItÂ’s a great album from beginning to end.
Nobody's mentioned Bob Dylan?! John Wesley Harding is a pretty amazing album. I guess it's not that contemporary anymore (1967). Though much of his later work have plenty of Christian references, I think JWH is a jewel.
My favorite's are the David Crowder Band, Jonah 33, and Chris Tomlin. Others that come to mind are Mercy Me, Brandon Heath, Matthew West and Seventh Hour Slumber.

Danny