Candidates for Re-mastering?

What would be your recommendations for great music, but not the greatest sound quality recordings (at least what is commercially available)...and thus would be at the top of your lists as candidates for re-mastering, or finding the orginal tapes to be reissued, SACD re-issues etc etc? The 'to die for" lists in stereophile and audiogon don't take this into account. Digital formats only.

Here are few of mine to get things started.
Beatles: Abbey Road, Sgt Pepper, Rubber Soul (if ABKO can do it for the Rolling Stones, can someone else do it for the Beatles, please!)
Weather Report: Heavy Weather: SACD available but done poorly in my opinion.
Led Zep IV
all of James Brown (especially Funk Power!) and Sly Stone recordings
henryhk
Ken - I usually have the same or similar reaction when hearing about someone well old enough to know better ending up this way. I have a hard time listening to Jerry Garcia because of this. Hendrix? Yeah, no problem, he was still in the middle of the tornado that must be the rock business.
Kenny Rankin-Silver Morning
David Crosby- If I Could Only Remember My Name
Springsteen
Little Feat
Santana-Borboletta
Van Morrison's WB's material
Early Genesis>Trick of the Tail
Led Zep-Song Remains the Same
U2
I agree that the DCC gold "Blue" sounds pretty good. "Court and Spark" may not be quite up to "Blue" but still better than standard issue. As for remastering and hopefully gold, I'd like to hear Patti Smiths "Easter" and all of Rikkie Lee Jones titles. I read that a remastered gold first Rikkie album is to be released early 2005. I'll be buying that one. BTW: I have the first David Crosby album and I thought it sounded pretty good but I'm sure it could be improved. Let's face it, there's a lot of work that COULD be done.
Tomryan,
I hadn't thought of it quite that way, the issue for me with Roy was he left a suicide note saying he killed himself because he never got all the fame and recognition he deserved, which is exactly the opposite of the words in ‘that’s what I am here for’, but you have a point. Some people, like Hendrix just lived to fast, and left a legacy that will life far longer than they ever could have. Some, like Kurt Cobain died like the little whiney loser they where in life and should never be put upon a pedestal for that! Give me someone like Mark Sandman of Morphine, who only ever wanted to play music and did so for years, and died on stage….. That is someone to respect, he died doing what he loved, not from some self serving habit.
Ken,
I kinda meant that by the time someone is 50 years old (like Roy) it's time to get over this stuff. The man had been playing music, and getting songs played on the radio, since the early 1960s.