Your First Concert was.....

My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at the Shaffer (sic) Music Festival in Central Park, NYC. It cost 2 bucks and it was for his "Running Down the Road" album.
dreadhead
Richard,

Do you sometimes feel that you're just wandering through life on a horse with no name?

Marty
Alan Freed's 1955 Rock&Roll Show.Acadamy Of Music in NYC
A Group named 'The Wrens opened the show and 2-3 hours later "The Cadillacs" Closed the show.
Buddy Rich and his big band or Cleo Lane with Dankworth & co - can't recall which was first - my parents took me - and it must have been 1970 or so. (My dad played trombone in a jazz band.)

The first concert I paid for myself (as a student who got pocket money from gardening) was in 1979 in Nice, France - Average White Band with Steel Pulse (as the opening band) - that was when my jaw dropped after hearing Steve Ferrone on drums - astonishingly musical performer and a superlative groovemaster. It was the same year that the Police "Message in a Bottle" came out and Copeland became a household name. Great stuff.
Very hard to remember -but among the first were Bruce Cockburn and Janis Ian, both in London, Ontario. James Taylor and Kim Carnes and Linda Ronstadt at the CNE in Toronto. Exciting stuff!