How do you fix an ''out of print'' scratched CD ?

I don't know how it could of happened but one of my favorite CD's is skipping and from the looks of it has a scratch on it !!!! No, it's not the equipment...but is there any after market stuff that could fix this ????? This is out of print and I really like this disc.....''The Best of the Band'' .....on Capital.
garebear
Don't bother fixing the current CD, buy another one. Check the link provided, there's a copy on Half.com for $2.42

http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpidEQ1703466AMPmeta_idEQ2

You're welcome...

-RW-
Rcprince has the right idea. I have used turtle wax to fix some cds. put small amount on scratch, let it dry, then very gently wipe off with TP. I've also seen a couple of cd "fixing" machines used in cd stores, so if you claim your cd is scratched, they'll fix it before returning your money. one was a sort of buffer using buffing compound, the other machine encloses the cd and it uses water and wax compound. good luck.
EAC works...resurrected my fave Dave Lindly CD which had horrible digital skipping on two tracks; the clone is better than the original. EAC is tops; it is used by live taper types for mastering their recordings, too.