Beatles "Butcher Cover" on Antiques Road Show

About 5 minutes ago, a woman had a Beatles Butcher Cover (Yesterday and Today) on the Road Show. It was in such great condtion that I started yelling "Fake, Fake". Oh no my friends, it was the real deal and appraised at, are you ready? 10,000 - 12,000 dollars!! She bought it new at Sears for 2.99
slipknot1
I was watching that tonight - from Chicago. Was that the one? I missed seeing the "Butchers", but someone brought in a portrait of one of the early Deans of Havard and a chair.

The painting was a signed original, probably done with the subject present, from 1800 approx. It was valued at $15k-$20k.

The chair was appraised at $70k-$80k! A flippin' chair!

Regards,
Thanks 4yanx. Now i know what all the fuss was about. I can see why folks would have been in an uproar, especially way back then. Maybe the Beatles really were the devil in disguise : ) Sean
>
A.R.S. is infamous for their over-inflated price estimates. Remember, they are a TV show, need to bring viewers in with something. most of the time their estimates are high, sometimes by more than 100%. YMMV.

-Ed
Metralla,
That was the episode. The Beatles cover was on about 10 min before the chair and portrait. I was surprised that the Keno Bros. didn't appraise the chair as they are the recognized experts in American furniture. One time, Sothby's auctioned a similar pair of chairs that the Keno's appraised on the show and the two of them fetched a cool quarter million. I think they were Cadwallader chairs from Phila.

Ed Sawyer,
I know exactly what you mean. I am still a little doubtful of the value of that cover even it was real. It sure looked like a fake. Plus, (and I don't know that much about the Beatles)I thought the albums from that period were mono not stereo. This one clearly said stereo. It also look exactly like a fake I saw a few weeks ago, with that kind of gray wash on the cover. Someone chime in here who knows....