Eerie, Ethereal, Moody, Involving Soundtracks

I'm looking for more of the REAL GOOD, maybe unheard-of stuff.
Really got hooked on Asche & Spencer's *Monster's Ball*, along with some tunes from *Dead Man Walking*, *Johnny Handsome*, etc.
Music that completely takes you into a far-away galaxy, lets you concentrate on loneliness, yet ................. you want to crank the volume way-up and dwell within it.
128x128rx8man
I made a small contribuion above and have been following this exchange with interest.

What a great thread! Informative as all getout and hi-class entertainment to boot.
Wrayray, thanks for your interest and contribution !!
If you get a chance, let me know what you think of the Asche & Spencer's soundtrack.
I believe the soundtrack for Whale Rider, by Lisa Gerrard, fits your description very nicely. Only a short narrative or two prevents my complete involvement from start to finish.
Although I don't consider it eerie, the soundtrack to "The Falcon And The Snowman" might be a good one. Pat Matheney and Lyle Mayes are a great team.
The soundtrack from "Local Hero". (Not eerie, but very moody.) I never seem to tire of it, and I`ve owned it for so many years. Knopfler plays beautifully, and it suits the Scottish seashore well.