Eerie, Ethereal, Moody, Involving Soundtracks

I'm looking for more of the REAL GOOD, maybe unheard-of stuff.
Really got hooked on Asche & Spencer's *Monster's Ball*, along with some tunes from *Dead Man Walking*, *Johnny Handsome*, etc.
Music that completely takes you into a far-away galaxy, lets you concentrate on loneliness, yet ................. you want to crank the volume way-up and dwell within it.
128x128rx8man
Bernard Hermann's score to "Night Digger", a polished little Gothic thriller from early '70's is a favorite. Hermann did a number of musical soundtracks for Alfred Hitchcock, including "Psycho". If I am not mistaken, he also collaborated with Orsen Welles on the infamous radio broadcast of "The War of the Worlds".

Label"X"(Cinema Maestro) LXCD 12

Morton Subotnick composed "The Key to Songs" to accompany the ballet based on a wordless novel by Max Ernst, the surrealist painter. Very troubling to listen to. On same disc and in similar vein is "Return", a triumph of reason,
about the ageless superstition and wild speculation surrounding pre-modern notions about Halley's comet. Compelling, not for casual listening.

New Albion Records NAO12

More later.
One more.

"Remedies In Heresies" by Elijah's Mantle. This is music to accompany a film called "Philosophy With A Hammer". Too complex to explain musical character and context, but certainly non-secular, modern and majestically scary in old testiment kind of way. One of the CD label detail credits (photo) is called "The Damned In Hell"

DE NOVA DA CAPO DNDC 002 CD

Check out Broadcast. Theyre a band that makes music just like your describing. It sounds like everything is decaying beautifully.
I think you'll find the following fit your bill:

The Mission (Morricone)
La Otra Conquista/The Other Conquest (Zyman & Reyes)
Todo Sobre Mi Madre (Iglesias who scores for Almodovar)
Thin Red Line (Zimmer)
I'll second both "Blade Runner" and "The Mission" Will also add the soundtrack to "Baraka" and "Grand Canyon" and "More" (Pink Floyd)