Mahler's Resurrection, Gilbert Kaplan/VPO recordin

Hello, Has anyone heard the recording of Mahler's 2nd symphony with Gilbert Kaplan and the Vienna philharmonic Orchestra for Deutsche Grammophone? Some reviewers say that it's a great performance and maybe the best sounding recording of this symphony.

By the way, can somebody explain me why the CD of this recording is more expensive than the hybrid SACD (which has CD, 2 channel SACD, and multichannel SACD layers)? It doesn't make sense to me!!! Do a search by 'Gilbert Kaplan' in the following link if you don't believe me:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/573448/ref=m_mh_mn_bc/104-3997539-4124709

Thanks in advance for your comments.
jorge_err
I have the recording, wasn't enthralled by it the first time around, but need to listen to it again at a louder volume (as any Mahler needs) before I can really say anything definitive. Interpretively it is very similar to his first recording, though a bit more polished as Kaplan has gotten better as a conductor and the VPO is a superb orchestra. Sonically it was OK, though I felt the Delos recording with Litton and the Dallas was superior sonically in terms of sounding like what you'd hear in a live performance. I've never been a fan of DG's recording style, but in this case, given Kaplan's hands-on approach to the piece and recording, the use of multi-miking and EQ may actually serve as a benefit, if you agree with Kaplan's interpretation--you might not hear it as you would in a concert hall, but the highlighting of particular instruments may make the performance more compelling. I'm awaiting the Tilson-Thomas and Zander versions on SACD, given the quality of the earlier recordings in their cycles, they may be worthwhile.
I am not going to pay full price for new Kaplan/DG, every review I ahve read prefers the original Kaplan/Conifer (which I do already own) These are my preferred CD versions to date:

Rattle/EMI
Klemperer/EMI GROTC
Bernstein/Sony (prefer this to newer DG version)
Litton/Delos
Solti/London/CSO (prefer this to earlier LSO version)
Mehta/Decca Legends

Best deal has to be latest remastered Klemperer/EMI Great Recordings of the Century version. Single CD at mid price level, spiritually moving performance but not the last word in dramatic excitement. I had the previous non remastered version and the sound improvement is quite dramatic.
Megasam, if you had to pick just one of the CDs you listed above, which one would it be and why? BTW, I already have the Mehta/Decca and I like it, the entrance of the pipe organ and the very end is simply magnificent! Thanks.
Be patient and wait for the MTT recording to come out on SACD. I attended 2 performances of this concert a few weeks ago and was transported each time. Simply magnificent. I hope the recording will do the performance justice.
The SFS orchestra was in top form. They played as if their lives depend on it. Lorraine Hunt-Lieberson and the chorus were really inspired, Isabelle Bayrakdarian not far behind.
I don't know when the street release is due. From past releases, I estimate may be 6 months.
Gaudio
Yes the new Tilson Thomas Mahler series has gotten much praise, but they are very expensive for some reason. Don't own any currently but someday will have to pick up a couple of the better ones.

Jorge
The Rattle/EMI may be best overall choice that balances all elements pretty well, downside is that it is still full price 2CD version.

I like plenty of dramatic energy in my Mahler 2 so check the Litton/Delos with outstanding Delos sound and powerful climax that will really impress, very inexpensive 1CD at mid price.

The Solti/London/CSO is also impressively dramatic but only available in complete Solti set.

The Bernstein/Sony has more energy than new Bernstein/DG but sound is slightly thinner and sold as 2CD set with part of 8th symphony......best to get complete Bernstein/Sony set for @$50-60 many places online.