Naxos, the way to go for classical?

Hello,
I need help with getting into classical. I've listened to classical with a passive interest in the past, and was somewhat intimidated by the sheer volume of materials out there. I realize this question has been raised, but I'm looking for a more specific answer; is Naxos the label to get into and stay with to become more familiar with classical music?
I have visited their website and their catalog seems very comprehensive and easy to understand. I have read on another thread that their recording quality and performances are also top notch. I am planning to build up classial library and sticking with Naxos as a way of keeping things simple. Are there other labels that I should look into? My current preferences are sound quality, performance, cost, and catalogue comprehensiveness, in those order. Please share your experiences and recommendations whether this is the right approach. My thanks in advance.
mhu
If exploring through Naxos, one nice thing is they print a very well organized and complete catalog that includes the ratings given to their recordings by some popular publications -- Penguin guide, Gramophone, etc. Don't know how easy it is to find, but I picked up a copy for free at a record store a year ago.
Naxos is a fine label, made great by not grabbing every last cent. You can build your whole library as you wish from them. And when some music lifts you from your mud, you can after a dozen listenings, look for another performance, doing your diligent research. I am sticking out my chin here for all to swat, pummel or pound. Naxos is crusial to preserve the culture. And I agree with the other guys that reading is alimentary and cheap. So read as you listen to Naxos. The really good thing is that the scope is s big and you should relax into it. I hope you like libraries; cause they speed you on your way to slow contemplation. I defend Naxos above all comers in value and taste.
Naxos is a good way to get familiar with the subject with no serious investments, but I think you can find more very interesting, performed not in a usual way, recordings in relatively smaller labels, such as Dorian or Telarc, than in Sony or Philips, where, IMHO, quality of performance and recording is hardly predictable. Check speciality audio stores.
Naxos can be OK,not always the best performers.You can get very good buys by joining BMG,they do carry high end labels such as Hyperion,telarc,emi,etc.The best source I have found for classical cd/sacd/dvd is Music Arkiv not cheap but reliable and the most comprehensive.Some of the best sound quality I have found on a Arts&music label they reasonably priced and have superb baroque performers sound quality is excellent on their 24/98 editions.
http://www.theclassicalstation.org is an fm and internet music provider. If you link through to their "today's music" listing,they list the albums,labels,and catalog numbers. When you hear something you like,you can look it up.

I've heard Naxos recordings where I did not agree with the interpretations but,on balance,they are a fine label.

Enjoy your immersion into art music.(Piston's definition)