thoughts on frank zappa

the thought for this thread started from a response that jeffloistarca gave & he is correct,most people think fz was a drug crazed nut & his music is for stoners,this was farthest from the truth,the thing fish is without a doubt a masterpiece,the line up of his band was always of the best of the best,it seems that frank has 2 different reputations,in the states he is a nut for the most part but in europe he is put beside the likes of motzart & bach,i find it odd that a man who could write a symphony on a whim could be classed with the likes of alice cooper,i just wanted to hear others thoughts on frank,by the way anybody checked out
ZAPPAS UNIVERSE on dvd,a must see for all zappa fans.
128x128bigjoe
It seems I'm having a hard time getting through the moderators. I see all kinds of profanity on this forum, and yet when I include some "tasteful relevant profanity" (LOL) it gets my post rejected. Here goes again:

Another correction: Zappa didn't graduate from "Juilard" or Juilliard or any other music school. He barely passed high school and they ending up passing him with less than the required number of credits just to get rid of him. And before anybody restates the following ridiculous rumor, he didn't eat feces on stage either. Where do people get these ideas?
Dweller, this essay may enlighten you and maybe even allow you to "Freak out" (safely) yourself: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Mezzanine/7206/freakout.html

However, the beauty of art is its ability to be interpreted by the individual any way that he sees fit. If Zappa's music caused you to indulge in mind destroying drugs, I'm sure that would have been fine with him if it made you happy, but I don't think he would have approved of you implying that that was his intent.
That's like saying he regularly "plooked" a tiny chrome plated machine that looked like a magical pig with marital aids stuck all over it.

Gimme dat, Gimme dat, blowowo job.

Gimme dat chromium cob.

God I miss FZ.