Anyone still do insightful or intelligent lyrics?

I have always loved lyrics as much as music and think that music I enjoy must be a combination of both good lyrics and good musicianship. I love some of Paul Simon's lyrics from as far back as the '60's. He was only 16 when he wrote "Sounds of Silence." There are dozens of other examples from Simon and Garfunkel.

Lyle Lovett has written some great lyrics i.e. "Simlpe Song."

Bob Seger, Jackson Browne, Hoyt Axton, John and Paul, Mick and Richard, Emmylou Harris, Gordon Lightfoot, and even Midge Ure have written things that impressed me, but I find very few people writing great lyrics anymore!

Is anyone writing intelligent, insightful lyrics anymore?
128x128nrchy
Springsteen's early songs were relevant to his times and personal experiences growing up in a middle class NJ household. His lyrics on some songs rivaled great poetry. His latest albums are getting back to that personal experience style. I also like Heart's, Robert Cray's, Van Morrison, Lyle Lovett, and Melissa Ethridge's lyrics. I don't know if they compare to some of the best, but I enjoy them.
This is in a little different direction, but I think Isaak Brock of Modest Mouse writes some really great stuff about space, god, and cockroaches. Not as linear as most, but crazily genius.
I've always found Richard Thompson's lyrics to be very insightful, though they tend to be a little caustic. I would also second Sarah McLachlan, more mainstream than Richard Thompson, but just as insightful.
Some of my nominations:

XTC continue to be some of the wittiest lyricists around (okay - so they've been around for close to 30 years, but they're still going)

Martin Newell (read poems on his website)

Roddy Frame (Aztec Camera)

Martin Phillips (The Chills - last release back in '96)