Any Zydeco recommendations?

I recently drove from New Orleans to Monroe, La., and was reminded of this music on the rental car radio. I'd like to explore music in this style. Please give me some help with material that is available- I particularly like live recordings.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Michael
mknowles16
Beau Jocque (note the spelling of the pseudonym) died in 1999. Can't see him.
Just a thanks to all of you. I have purchased works by all of the artists mentioned and am enjoying them all. This takes me out of a rut.

Here is a true "small world" story. This afternoon, a rather sophisticated looking young woman who works for a snotty architectural firm came to our Miami, Florida office for a consultation. Shortly after she began her presentation in the office next to mine, the Putumayo Zydeco CD I ordered arrived in the mail. Being a dedicated worker,I immediately put it in my computer and gave it a good listen on the four speaker / subwoofer setup.

Instead of immediately leaving, she lingered until everyone dispersed and told me she liked the music. As I am now a so called expert, I told her it was Zydeco, and she laughingly replied that she was familiar with the artists-turns out she is a Cajun from Lafayette.

How about that!

She recommended the Grant Street Dance Hall in Lafayette. I will give it a visit soon.
Another great performer and recording artist in this class that I hadn't seen named is Zachary Richards. He does the squeeze box and the singing with a cajun band -- Excellent!
I'm glad you liked the Putomayo cd Michael, and that it was appreciated by that sophisticated lady. Come on now, what did you think of Rosie Ledet?