Listening to ALL your music

I found that I seem to be listening to only a few CD's in my collection very often. While it is nice to have "reference" recordings, I found that I am concentrating on sound, not music. So, to counter this, I have decided to listen to all my CD's . I will not aquire any new CD's or make any changes to my system until I have listened to every note on every CD I have.

They are arranged alphabetically, and I seem to be able to do 2 or 3 a night. I have close to 700 CD's, so this should take a while.

Has anyone else done this?
rlips
I hear you.

I went to a changer and dac set up a year ago and it was bliss to have 5 disk random play for casual listening. Found that there are quite a few disks that I like but can't sit through the whole album straight, and lots that I tossed in the changer to fill it up that I loved though hadn't listened to in literally years.

Great to have guests over and do a 3 / 2 split, guests get to pick 3 disks and I pick 2.

Nik
I tend to listen to listen to music according to my mood, but within my moods I listen to the same albums. Not on sound quality, but because some albums are better in my opinion than others. So why did I buy the other albums? Well..... I thought they would stand the test of time better....
And that's a great idea, buying more than one set of underwear! I'll rush to the store to try that at once. But what's a washingmachine or whatever you call it?
A washing machine is a sort of turntable for your clothes. I understand they are working on a digital replacement that promises "perfect underwear, forever..."
O yeah, Rlips, I heard of these things. They tend to eat socks though: you throw in a pair and get only one back, so my dad made me promise never to buy such a thing and to invest in sensible things like Video 2000-recorders, turntables, DAT-recorders, reel-to-reel-recorders and shares of ENRON..... Sorry, are we getting a bit of topic now?
To let know everyone participating on this thread that this week I dedicate to Jethro Tull and all assocciated musicians from my current collection.
The previous was Talking Heads and all assocciated musicians and singers. It took me near two weeks of 4 hours per day listening to go through almost all of them and I realy have them all...
The next I guess comes in mind Japan and all assocciated musicians. In this case I have only one debut album and the rest near- 30 albums and signles are of Sakamoto Sylvian and Mick Karn...
More "lines" from my collection are Frank Zappa, King Crimson, ECM including all Pat Metheny,...
Crap, disco and easy listening comes when there's a party time... I realy listen to them ALL and ALL means near 2000 records and 200 CDs.