Female Vocalist like Diana Krall, Jacintha.

Fellow Audiogoners,

Please give me suggestions to female vocalists in the similar styles as Diana Krall, Jacintha, Holly Cole (when she sings slower songs) , Karen Carpenter and Patricia Barber (when she does slower songs). Someone that does not have a deep a voice. I have tried Nora Jones but I do not like the heavy blues influence. I can live with Alison Krause occasionally due to country beat.

I listen to classical most of the time but am beginning to enjoy some light jazz female vocals.

Thanks.

Aaron
auaarons
You might want to try Linda Ronstadt's "What's New", Nelson Riddle Orchestra. A lot of standards on this one including the title song, I've got a crush on you, Someone to Watch over me etc. Lush, easy to listen to and not at all bluesy.
Teirney Sutton ( something cool album ) awesome voice, awesome album.Kind of an unknown but not for long. First song is "Rt66" .
Try Eva Cassidy. She sounds different on every song she sings. Sometimes she comes across like a blues singer. On other tracks she sounds like a chanteuse. Start with "Live from Blues Alley". You'll be hooked!
I agree with Camadeco about Eva Cassidy.

I just picked up my first CD of hers, Time After Time, it is wonderful. I find myself listening to it over and over. Her voice is remarkable. On this CD, she does remakes of "Aint no Sunshine", "Time after Time", "At Last", "The Letter" and "Woodstock" to name a few.

The actual recording is very good too. I cannot wait to get Songbird and Blues Alley. I just read a listing on Ebay, there is a new release of hers coming out, titled something like "American Songs"?

Regards,