Concert attendance

I realize for many people the concert season is just getting started, but this season seems a little different. The economy seems tighter and people are a little concerned about financial circumstances.
I have been to only one concert this year, but I do have tickets for a concert in August. I hope to go to more shows this year, but I don't have any plans right now.
Are you going to be attending as many concerts this year as you have in the past?
128x128nrchy
Nrchy, I certainly intend to. It is educative, possibly masochistic, because it keeps reminding you of your system's shortcomings. All the same it is the experience of a musical event which counts after all, be it at home or in a concert. Cheers,
I plan on attending MORE this year. I live in Jackson, WY, where we have the pleasure of enjoying the Teton Music Festival, at Teton Village. Full orchestral symphonies, small chamber ensembles, awarded guest artists, etc, all summer long. There are five events per week. This year I scored a season's pass to these events!

Happy listening.....Erik
Nice issue, Nrchy!
I was about to visit Pete Gabriel in PNC bank arena in NJ but was realy repulsed by prices on descent listening areas.
Mostly I'm an "underground" listener and prefer see and feel musicians standing next to me and always leand towards small venues.
I plan to do two visits this month to the Knittingfactory NY on Jah Wobble(extra ordinary bass player) concert 6/18 $15 and Magma(french prog rock) 7/1. If you'll be arround NY area, you will never regret if you visit both of these performances.
I almost never miss King Crimson concerts(they've been always in great venues such as Beacon Theatre, Town Hall just only Irwin Plaza sucks) that are in $50 range.
One of my most beloved venues is Bottom Line where tickets are maximum $35 but standard admission price is $22 where I visited a number of the greatest performers: California Guitar Trio, Tony Levin, Pete Hammill(Van Der Graaf Generator), Trilok Gurtu having a seat next to the table with bottle of Pilsner, great sound and athmosphere. Smoking ehem was by the preference of musicians for ones OK for another not OK.
Certainly. That's how I (try or intend to) maintain the "reference" sound in my brain. I am 98% acoustic music listener, and I don't know how else I should judge the sound of my system.
Easy access to such opportunites (Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center or many others) is one of VERY few good things about living in NY city.