Todays Raido Stations suck

Is it just me, or does todays Radio suck?
When I was a teenager FM was cool, it had laid back D,jays and they played cool new music. That's were I first heard Alex Harvey, Hawkwind,Atomic Rooster,Zappa,The amboy dukes,
Robin Trower,Roxy music,BOC,Captain Beyond,Audience,
Bowie,Steely Dan,etc.

The AM of that day used to be Hit Radio, and played the top hits of the day.

FM today has become Hit radio, with a lot of cookie cutter stations all playing the same old hits, with a few of those old fm classic hits as well.

Does it only bug me, that they only play the one hit off the LP over and over again. When in fact the lp had even better tunes on it, but they never play them.

Recently with the advent of eBay, I have been able to collect a lot of rare and Great music that I never new existed before.

When my friends here the new tunes I have They get the same Idea that I always get, to start a new radio station that plays this unknown treasure. As well as the songs like "Candys gone bad" off of the Golden Earring lp with Radar love on it, you know the one.

You know what I'm talking about, am I alone here.

I must state that I live in a smaller town now, but we can still pick up the Jacksonville Florida stations.
Does this kind of practice go on all over the country?

The new music of today no longer interests me with Rap and the Rock of today all sounds the same, with only minor exceptions like Radiohead.

WHAT do you think, is their some stations that I could pickup on the internet that would satisfy my craving?

would you like to be able to get in you car and tune the radio to a station like the one I described?

128x128rockinroni
They suck, they blow, whatever. I envy those locations that have some good tunes, especially late at night.

When I was back home last summer I was introduced to a public access station there. It was killer and had been in operation for quite some time. There were plans of making it streaming on the net. This is in Lincoln, Nebraska. If anyone knows of an active link to this jewel please post it.
Twin Cities radio just as bad. 1 & 1/2 hour repeat on Plop 40 all sHIT stations. Total dumbing down by media conglomerates buying up too many stations in one market area.

CD Company Executives complaining of poor CD sales: Guess what? For sHIT tunes on the airways net NO SALES! Want to increase your sales? Encourage variety beyond the negative themed ghetto rap, whiny strung out druggie grunge crap, and teenage make whoppie nonsense.
Bitch, bitch, bitch about the obvious...at least there is XFM and Sirius and million net-broadcast stations, which are pretty cool. And, if you cannot find good rock bands, blame yourself, b/c they're there.

Have a miserable day,
Ohlala, "if you cannot find good rock bands,blame yourself, b/c they're there".

what is b/c?
Where do you find them. How do you hear them, XFM and Sirius?
That is partly what this thread is about sharing you cool raido stations and telling others how to get them.

peace and have a good day eh!
Ron,
I don't XFM and Sirius and I don't net radio b/c my lame internet connection. I do know they are pretty cool, though, far beyond radio programming.

Personally, b/c I am a major study-nerd, I rely on friends and their friends and so on, who are throughout the country being very hip. Often, I find them accidentally, including late night MTV and guitar mags. Other ways are to make friends with people at cool music stores (that's always a goldmine), go to club shows, find a particular music mag that suits you.

ok, peace and have a good day,