Siltech cable guages i.e. AWG

Hello;

I've been trying to get some information on the gauge of some of the Siltech lineup and haven't been able to find any information. The Siltech website sucks, next to no information on their cables. I sent an e-mail a few days ago but haven't received a response.

It's the speaker cables and power cables I'm most interested in and at this point even seeing an aggregate gauge of the cables including shields would be of help.

I'm interested in the following:

330L
550L
770L
Prince
King

SPX-800
Ruby Hill II
Ruby Mountain II

For power cables the largest gauge cable I'm familiar with is the Kimber PK-10 series which I believe is aggregate 10AWG so I can use that as a reference. Similarly for speaker cables the largest aggregate cable I'm familiar with is the Kimber Monocle XL which might be around 8AWG. So even if people were able to say for example the SPX-800 is roughly the same thickness as the PK-10, or the 770L is about as thick as the Monocle XL that helps me get an idea.

Thanks
brystonuser
Even with Nordost and Kimber I did win many shootouts in the past of clients who also lend Silltech cables. These were all very different sets compared to eachother.

I always advice to test more different stuff. Even to clients I advice to test brands I do not sell. Because I like things to be open. And yes audio is always a personal matter. I would star blind one one brand. I am also brand loyal. When I find a brand I prefer, that will become the new reference. Audio is all about to find the best thing for you.

In the US you oftn can buy stuff and when you don't want it you can send it back. I would use this option to compare. Comparing is a lot of fun to do and you will find that brand what you prefer. Good luck and enjoy it!
Excerpt from Marc's Sounstage review 2008 :

"And there the single pair of WEL Signature interconnects and the speaker cables have been ever since. I've had to remove them a couple of times for reviewing purposes, but they didn't go unused for long. I still have fond memories of the very expensive Siltech Signature Compass Lake interconnects and The Emperor speaker cables I wrote about a few years ago -- Siltech's best at the time, and the best I had come across. There's no question that the WEL Signature cables deserve to be discussed along with them, and they are far less expensive."

*Compass/Emperor are Siltech's vintage flagship (from early 2000), yet interestingly still held as benchmark then. And I can tell you that their current Crown/DoubleCrown series are in totally different playing field altogether. Albeit, at a cost.
Hi Brystonuser,

http://hifi-unlimited.blogspot.com/2009/08/tale-of-three-heavenly-fairy-sisters.html

Link to an old review which I've posted elsewhere in which summary seems to relate what's been advised by your dealer i.e. get 330 or straight to 770--skip the 550. Cheers!

*Oops, review on SCs whereas question posed was ICs.. But guess it's relevant enough. ;)
I bought 2 sets of the new Audiogest Wel Signature. With the new xlr plugs. What makes it special is that I never heard such a physical papable individual focus. It is exeptional good in letting you hear very easy differences in height. The same thing about the black level. They bring music into a new dimension. i did not have this experience at any audio show. And also not with other expensive audio cables. Cabels are still improving in quality.

Question to you all; did Siltech bring out many new cables the last few years?
thanks Bvdiman

I checked out that review. Like you say the reviewer basically came to the same conclusion as my dealer.

I'm not at all familiar with the previous generation lineups. Are you saying that the Compass model occupied essentially the same position as the Princess does today or were they the precursor to the Empress, Empress Crown or Double Crown?

Have you personally ever heard the Princess?