Siltech cable guages i.e. AWG

Hello;

I've been trying to get some information on the gauge of some of the Siltech lineup and haven't been able to find any information. The Siltech website sucks, next to no information on their cables. I sent an e-mail a few days ago but haven't received a response.

It's the speaker cables and power cables I'm most interested in and at this point even seeing an aggregate gauge of the cables including shields would be of help.

I'm interested in the following:

330L
550L
770L
Prince
King

SPX-800
Ruby Hill II
Ruby Mountain II

For power cables the largest gauge cable I'm familiar with is the Kimber PK-10 series which I believe is aggregate 10AWG so I can use that as a reference. Similarly for speaker cables the largest aggregate cable I'm familiar with is the Kimber Monocle XL which might be around 8AWG. So even if people were able to say for example the SPX-800 is roughly the same thickness as the PK-10, or the 770L is about as thick as the Monocle XL that helps me get an idea.

Thanks
brystonuser
Everyone prefers and hears things differently. For example I don't understand the fascination people have with MIT and Transparent cables. As an example why Transparent's balanced cables cost a lot more than their unbalanced cables. Sure they incldue a 2nd network box but a balanced cable is a balanced cable, it's not like Transparent have somehow reinvented transmission over balanced connections. Regardless people swear by these cables.
I give you a story about Slissstech. I remember that they raised their prices, but for dealers they lowered the prices. So that they could give more discount. Many shops didn't like this approach. I sold a lot Audioquest in the last 2 years to people with MIT cables. The reason is very simple; they outperform the MIT with ease. They have done more development, and are more complete.
Tried Audioquest Wel Signature loom in my system last year (SC, ICs, PCs, RJ/E). Good resolution, speed, clarity and image specifity. However, high and bass were a tad thin, overall presentation were a little mechanical with tendency to slight brightness (upper mid/lower treble). Bass was also a little weak/light. But biggest deal breaker for me was that they lack the dense/weighty, organic, 3-dimensional palpability as when compared to the other looms I had on hand (StageIII, Tara, N.Odin). Brought and tested them in two other friend's systems, slightly different results but inherent characters were acknowledged as being all the same. They did fare a little better when I swapped out their PCs and RJ/E.. But oh well. Anyways, I always prefer to run/test cabling in loom from same brand--everything in-synch as I call it--whenever possible.

As Brystonuser puts it, yes, we sure do hear things differently, as well, different set of preference/system/music taste etc.--hence choices. Perhaps AQ is the best match for the Monitor Audio, Onkyo, Sony, Oddysey and Kemp electronics you are selling.. But not necessarily for others--so no need to put down other competing brands when conducting your business BO. Goodluck.
Even with Nordost and Kimber I did win many shootouts in the past of clients who also lend Silltech cables. These were all very different sets compared to eachother.

I always advice to test more different stuff. Even to clients I advice to test brands I do not sell. Because I like things to be open. And yes audio is always a personal matter. I would star blind one one brand. I am also brand loyal. When I find a brand I prefer, that will become the new reference. Audio is all about to find the best thing for you.

In the US you oftn can buy stuff and when you don't want it you can send it back. I would use this option to compare. Comparing is a lot of fun to do and you will find that brand what you prefer. Good luck and enjoy it!
Excerpt from Marc's Sounstage review 2008 :

"And there the single pair of WEL Signature interconnects and the speaker cables have been ever since. I've had to remove them a couple of times for reviewing purposes, but they didn't go unused for long. I still have fond memories of the very expensive Siltech Signature Compass Lake interconnects and The Emperor speaker cables I wrote about a few years ago -- Siltech's best at the time, and the best I had come across. There's no question that the WEL Signature cables deserve to be discussed along with them, and they are far less expensive."

*Compass/Emperor are Siltech's vintage flagship (from early 2000), yet interestingly still held as benchmark then. And I can tell you that their current Crown/DoubleCrown series are in totally different playing field altogether. Albeit, at a cost.