Interconnect with great dynamics and bass slam ,

I recently purchased some Cardas Golden cross sepaker cables. They replaced my Dh Lab Q10s. I replaced the Q10s because i was getting some upper mid freq brightness.
I have Golden Cross interconnects from preamp to amp and from cd player to pre amp. The sound is very smooth and detailed .The bass and mid bass is not as authorative or as tight. The highs are better - more detailed and smooth.
The problem is the sound is almost too smooth the bass is kind of rounded off now .The sound is less dynamic.
My Question is.
Is there an interconnect that could give me back that great bass and dynamics of that i had with the Q10s, without the harshness i was getting. I think i would like to keep the Golden Cross speaker cables and try changing the ICs. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
grey9hound
Audioman58, Hi, If you was talking to me?, I had a krell 700cx modded and completly renewed at the Krell factory for a pretty penny for sure, the only modds was the newer, better capacitors that was not available in 2005, The amp sounds way better than before, the biggest part of the sound enhancement was the treble does not ever sound brittle like any of the Evolution E amps, I was floored on how natural, extended, life like the total sound is compaired to what I had before, It was like getting a more costly amp so to speak of, cheers.
I hope with the resurection of this thread, Grey9hound comes back to the threads, this is the thread he started, I have not seen his post anywhere in a long time, we will see.
Yup...I replaced some DH Labs ic's and digital cables with....(wait for it) and now have bass authority, bass presence, bass excitement, bass detail...all while getting smooth, detailed, shimmery highs...with TARA LABS DECADE interconnects and digital ic. Find them used for less than $200 now and then...( knowing how exceptional they are now that i have them...i would have paid more than their market prices for them ). Real deal, used, when you find them.
Waterzlife,

Besides DH Labs, what other cables have you used in your system prior to finding the TLD's?
In my experience, no other cables rival the High Fidelity Cables, especially those with the most magnets, have the most dynamics and most detail. Unfortunately, the most magnets mean the highest prices. Of course those heavily touted here are also very expensive.

If you outstanding and inexpensive cables, try the Exemplar eXception ics and speaker wires.