My Next Miles Davis Disc?

Hi all,

Help me out here -

I am a fan of general ambient type music. I have 4 Miles Davis recordings now and would like to add to that. I absolutely love 'Kind Of Blue' and 'In A Silent Way', yet am not so hot on 'Sketches of Spain' and 'Birth of the Cool'. So then, in that light, which Miles recording should be next in my collection? In other words, what is the next closest in style to Kind of Blue and In A Silent Way ?

TIA,

Chris
cdelplato
"Sketches" just doesn't do it for me either. Just to take you in a totally different (but still very interesting) Miles direction, I'd recommend Bitches Brew. I like the mid fifties to early 60's Miles stuff alot, but Bitches Brew is also a great piece of work.
I would reccomend "Get up with it" or "Bitches Brew" a little harder edged than "In a Silent Way" but in my opinion even better.
In my opinion, Sketches, never deserved all of the fanfare it received. The very next Miles record that you should purchase is "Someday My Prince Will Come", It really has the magic sound I think you are after. "Porgy and Bess", is far beter musically than "Sketches" and is worth the price of admission for Miles' brilliant rendition of "Summertime"
Good luck........Frank
For fun, try TUTU. Ambient, electronic, a little funky but very interesting. My gateway drug to the world of audio-I just had to buy those speakers after hearing this! I would also say that Amandla is also worth checking out. Good stuff-miles fifth decade making music!
The closest album musically to Miles "Kind of Blue" period of work is "Ascenseur pour L'echafaud." (Lift to the Scaffold).

It's an obscure move sound track on Fontana label, recorded in 1957 in Paris France. I have it on both LP and CD but cannot tell you if it is still in print.