Here, there a Chick, Where else a Chick Corea ?

I am a big 40-60's jazz fan. Never got a big kick out of fusion, but always keep an open mind. Cleaned up an old, though rarely played Maxell Jazz Sampler LP that has the Chick Corea cut "The Golden Dawn", which I find most enjoyable!! I subsequently saw in a second-hand store a mint copy of "Again and Again: The Joburg Sessions" on the Elektra Musician label so I gave it a try. EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT LP in content AND sonics. Blew me right away.

Anyone out there familiar with this LP that can give suggestions as to other Corea LP's which are equally enjoyable?
4yanx
Doh! I'd completely forgotten about Mad Hatter, and I have, and love this album. The disk is outstanding from start to finish, and sports an absolutely fantastic collection of musicians playing at their peak (Steve Gadd, Joe Farrell, Eddie Gomez, Herbie Hancock). Its sonically spectacular to boot, which seems to be the case with pretty much all of Chick Corea's solo works.

Sadly, its not available even on CD, but I'll venture to guess that its floating around used someplace. Hopefully, Polygram will recognize the value of this recording and bring it back into print.
I decided to drop in to the local Rasputins on the way to a meeting and, viola, TWO used copies of Mad Hatter, both of which I snapped up. Look forward to a cleaning (well I won't look forward to that), then a good session of listening this evening!!!!!!! I also found the Romantic Warrior which was stuck out of place among other records. Not a great copy but, for $1.98, good enough for a listen.

BTW, anyone else out there just HAVE to drop in a record store when you SHOULD be doing something else. Suppose that is a rhetorical question......
Kjg, "Mad Hatter" album is available on CD but it's probably out of print. If you have a turntable why bother? The vinyl is much better sonically. Also I recommend to research on works with Gary Burton. Some of them made on Concord jazz which is an A+ label.
Don't forget the original 1972 ECM album "Return to Forever", which is far less fusion-oriented. RTF evolved into the band's name with increasing emphasis toward fusion. I was fortunate to see Corea, Clarke, White, Farrell and DeMiola when they did their RTF tour in the 70's and bought (and still have!!) the box set of the live recording. Corea also sits in with DeMeola on a few of Al's records from the late 70's and into the 80's.

Also check out "Crystal Silence"- primarily a duet between Burton and Corea. Corea gets closer to his roots again a little later with "Akoustic Band".

Virtually all of Corea's stuff is wonderfully inventive and creative.

Jim