Researching an Accordion Music. Please help.

I know that there are plenty of french fellows right here that know lots about great accordion music. I need to find the best you know preferably on LPs.

Please, advice.
128x128marakanetz
Well, this may or may not interest you, but Vanguard back in 1961 made a recording with the Hohner Accordion Orchestra (!) featuring renditions of light classical pieces such as the William Tell Overture, Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, and others. Called Accordiorama, it should be in some used record bins. It's also available from Omega Record Group on CD. I got it as a joke for a friend who I have tried to dissuade from playing that instrument, and he raved about it, so I tried it on my rig and it is superbly recorded and a lot of fun! There also is an Accordiorama 2 out there, featuring more show tunes.
Bonjour!

You can't go wrong with any recordings by Yvette Horner. She's been around for a long time, and she is a master player of the accordion. She does "musette" and even some classical. However, I do not know if her recordings are available in the U.S. (Virgin, maybe?).
I do know where to go in France to get LP's and CD's, I'll be there at the end of September. So, if I can help...
Also, André Verchureen was a very fine accordion player, too (he passed away a fee years ago)
Happy hunting,
Hervé
Bonjour!You can't go wrong with any recordings by Yvette Horner. She's been around for a long time, and she is a master player of the accordion. She does "musette" and even some classical. However, I do not know if her recordings are available in the U.S. (Virgin, maybe?).I do know where to go in France to get LP's and CD's, I'll be there at the end of September. So, if I can help...Also, André Verchureen was a very fine accordion player, too (he passed away a fee years ago)Happy hunting,Hervé
The Art Van Damme Quintet is a nicely recorded easy listening/jazz group from Europe. Two LPs I can recommend are "By Request" and "Invitation".
Have you ever heard of Guy Klucevsek? He is a wonderful accordionist who does Jazz/Klezmer/traditional/Polka/Eastern European/other stuff. He has about 8 or 10 albums out (unfortunately, all on CD only). I could recommend his albums "Accordance" with another accordionist Alan Bern and "Stolen Memories" on the Tzadik label. you can check his stuff out on his website: http://www.guyklucevsek.com. Enjoy!
Gary