Are you going to buy the Rolling Stones SACDs?

I've preordered a few already. I suspect that the recordings, despite remastering, will be far less than what SACD is capable of reproducing. But it is exciting to see a large block of music from major artists come out in the new format, and that's why I'm buying. What do you think the major labels (especially Sony, that controls vast numbers of recordings AND manufactures SACD equipment) are waiting for? Seems logical to me that getting more software out would speed sales of the electronics and interest more of the general public in the new format. Releasing SACDs would also immediately protect the record companies from copyright infringement, at least until someone manufactures an SACD burner.
thsalmon
I just bought (what I think) is a current reissue but nowhere on the packaging does it say "DSD", "SACD", etc.
It's in one of those cardboard type containers (not plastic jewel box). Should I open it or is this some kind of record company scam?
Anyone seen reissues marked "SACD"?
Ken
Yes, you purchased a SACD. It does not say "SACD" on The outer packaging. You're in for a treat!
Jschrimpf: Your'e right, I opened the package and there was a "certificate of authenticity" (isn't this getting a little to fancy?). My main system is boxed up (PLEASE see my auction) so can't vouch for sonics but sure sounds like new disk has gain "thru the roof". Could barely turn volume past 8 O'clock (it WAS late). Thanks!
There's no fool like an old fool! I posted my original comments on Aug. 27th. Five days later, Neal Pollack (a kid of only 32 years, but wiser than those who preorder these living fossils' SACD crap) wrote a column in the N.Y. Times, that pretty much reflected my viewpoints about these geriatric buffoons. GIVE IT UP, MICK! You and the band used to be Rock & Roll Dynamos. Now, you're just withered parodies, hucksters of the P.T. Barnum school (would somebody PLEASE show these guys the "Egress?!") At least good old P.T. gave you your money's worth. PLEASE DON'T BUY THESE SACD's. It only encourages corporate greed to release more extraneous and irrelevant material. Here's the link to Neal's column:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/01/arts/music/01POLL.html?todaysheadlines
I bought the London Years collection on SACD/CD.
For those not aware this is the triple CD set basically all the Stones singles(A &B sides) up to Sympathy For The Devil.
I'm not going to get into the SACD debate at this stage,my machine is running in still and I'm awaiting new software,I will follow this up at a later date.
What is clear is the remastering job is a step up from the last CD release, which I have.
What is also clear is that nothing will save the likes of Street Fighting Man which is basically an awful recording at source,there are a few others like this.
However the average and great recordings have never sounded better on CD so from that point of view it really does make these re-issues very worthwhile.