Male Jazz singers - any recommendations?

I have a great appreciation for female jazz singers (Sarah Vaughan being my favorite). But when I was listening to a Horace Silver cd, lately (BTW: the RvG edition and some others are on sale right now at Towers for 9.99$), there was a male singer on the last track and it suddenly struck me, that I was completely oblivious of male jazz singers so far.
Now I'm looking for some recommendations. The Kind-of-Blue/My-Favorite-Things/Koeln-Concert-type of male jazz singer performances. Any suggestions are very welcome.
pipetman
John Pizzarelli - does the classic pop songs (has an entire album devoted to Nat King Cole) - simple, smooth and enjoyable

John Feinstein - classic broadway musical stuff and the like - the real "classics" elegantly done.

Les McCann - earthy, jazzy stuff with more rhythmic drive.

Michael Franks - a little more personal, intellectual stuff, but has a nice pleasant voice and good arrangements.
I will post again but hve to second the first reccomndation with Hartman.The Coltrane LP and "I just dropped by to say hello" are the best.If folks know his stuff and dig it find Clint Eastwoods "Remebring Madison County" and the first "Madison County" soundtracks.The "Remembering" is almost all Hartman iwth two Ahamad Jamal piano numbers fo kicks.The "Music from Madison Co." has two Hartman cuts's,Dina Washinton et al.Another good sountrack before I forget is "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil".Torme?The male Ella fitzgerald.His best?"Mel Torme Sings the Fred Astaire Songbook" with Marty Paich.If you have choice of CD or Lp with either Billy May or Marty Paich vs some other conductor /arranger even good one's like Nelson Riddle or Frany DeVol go with the 10 piece units without strings of Paich or May.Except for Sinatra where Riddle is best (though Frank wasn't a a jaz singer per say).Late non-rock Bobby Darrin is exelent if I am gonna talk Frank.And if it's Rat Pack thn the one Sammy davis Jr' Cd/Lp to have is "The Wham of Sam".Forget "The Candyman" and all that C&W schlock.This LP alone he could rest his laurels on.But I digress.Will come up with some more.Lastly have to disagree with the above choice of Jimmy Smith.There was a singer who never should have had a comeback.Get earlier stuff like the Rhino LP "Lost and Found"My additional list will have a numeber of older singers as there aren't very many cats under 60 worth there salt.Yeah Connick and Pizzarelli but they ain't Franb or Mel.If anbody knew and liked the hipness of Mark Murphy than Kurt Elling may be your cup of Tea.Really like the last years "The Mesenger".Some of it's to cute but his rendition of "You don't know what love is" is worth the price of admssion alone.Geez finally a 'Gon topic I know a little bit about (I ran the jazz section of a CD store for 5 years).I'll be back with more
I only know a handful of his performances, so can anyone recommend any Billy Eckstein recordings? The same goes for Leon Thomas.

Chazzbo is right, Kurt Elling can be a little too cute, but I've seen him live a half dozen times and know how good he really is. The records only hint at his true inventiveness and risk taking. He extends himself and sometimes it works and somethimes it works less well. Also, Jimmy Scott is an acquired taste. You'll either love him or wonder out loud what the fuss is about.