Music recommendations, please

My girlfriend's daughter plays both the flute and the oboe and I am interested in picking up some CD's or SACD's that feature these instruments.
Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
dmcewan
If the daughter would like a little "pop" music as well, Tim Weisberg features the flute. He did some solo, and a couple with Dan Fogelberg also.
Debussy wrote two wonderful chamber pieces for flute: the Sonata for Flute, Viola, and Harp, and the Syrinx for Solo Flute. Both appear on:

Athena Ensemble: Debussy Chamber Music (Chandos CHAN-8385)

Of course, most of this CD is not flute music, but any flute student should know these two pieces, especially the Syrinx.
Emmanuel Pahud with the Berlin Baroque Soloists performing Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No 5, on the EMI Label is excellent in its' perfomance and recording quality. On the Chesky Records label, Mozart's The Flute Quartets, and Quartet for Oboe and Strings, featuring Gary Schocker(flute) and the Chester String Quartet is also very good (soundstaging is excellent). For something different, Carlos Nakai plays a Native American Flute and has numerous excellent sounding cds of Native American music as well as new age/world music.
How can anyone mention the Flute and not think of Ian Anderson : )

Actually, he has a VERY nice disc out entitled "Divinities: Twelve Dances With God". It is NOTHING like Jethro Tull, so get that out of your head right now.

Besides being an excellent recording ( i use a specific cut when demo'ing gear to check out soundstaging and image capabilities ), the music is very nice and somewhat varied. Kind of hard to categorize, but probably closest to "new age". Various tempo's and instrumentation, but of course it is quite Flute heavy. No vocals what-so-ever as it is an instrumental disc from top to bottom.

Check it out. If her daughter doesn't like it, you can always enjoy it : ) Sean
>
Sean, I actually did think of Ian Anderson also. I figured a young women would hear Jethro Tull and go "Yuk"!!! I was not aware of that other recording.

There is nice James Galway recording of Japanese melodies that I have on LP. It may now be on CD?? It is called something like "Songs (or Sounds) of the Seashore".