Best solid state pre-amp below US $ 10.000,00 ??

Any suggestions ?
frankpiet
I am delighted you are happy FrankPiet. Does this mean you are giving up on the upcoming balanced NAGRA PL-p?
Frankpiet,

Just as I noticed. The AA goes up a level w. the preamp modification. I know they do an additional mod in the US market. Curious if you can tell me what it is.

I still love my AA. I switched to the EMM & am getting my CDSD hopefully this week or new week. Then I will compare to my AA again. The EMM is better, but the AA is no slouch.

TVAD & Artg, how do you both get your posts going so often on the same day. Mine don't show up for a while normally. I have never been deleted though.

I agree that the AA has some negatives w. different volume settings but all in all it is very close. It depends on the impedance & voltage of the item it is seeing as a source. It also is just below the top of the latest bunch. I just wish I had a different CDP for different discs. Some sound better on the the EMM & others better on the Reimyo etc. This is after comparison. Very confusing & too expensive.

The Nagra sounds like an amazing preamp. Again everything is the system. How I am learning this every day. Just to add some spice. There is a new "statement" CAT preamp. Anyone heard it?

I just changed tubes in my 7.5. What a difference. Everything just became much more dynamic w. more extension at the extremes. Scary. Now to try some NOS tubes.
Frankpiet, as you're in Germany, you might consider listening to the asr phono. It's better sounding (& more versatile) than the Clearaudio. Costs EUR: ~600.

Excellent idea to forgo a stand alone pre.
Hey guys/girls, if you wish to help me make up my mind on my next linestage (VAC REN 2, VAC Phi, or ARC Ren 3), please visit me at:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1123254379&openmine&zzGuidocorona&4&5#Guidocorona
Thanks a bunch, Guido
I´ll keep you informed when I´ll be able to listen to the new Nagra PL-P linestage in October. I´ll then compare her to my fully modified AA Cap. II with the optional line stage module (bettered the K-1X, the SL-1 and the HP-100 easily).

In respect of the ASR stuff: it´s funny. In Germany no body really cares about their stuff (as it is with Burmester) as they do sound slow, dull and/or artificial. Clearaudio is regarded to be (and to my ears as well) the much better product. But there is a real german champion the Omtec Antares. Rarely seen on the used market but better than Clearaudio, Linn Linto etc.