Integrated to replace krell 300i

I'm looking for an integrated amp for about $1500 used. My current system is:

PMC FB1 90db transmission line floor standers
Krell kav 300i
Arcam CD72t
Z squared copperline interconnects
transparent musicwave speaker cable

I'm finding this combo to be quite brite and hard to listen to for extended sessions. I'd like to consider tubes but I want something that will be user friendly. I'd also like to have an HT pass through option as well as a decent phono stage for the future. These aren't really deal breakers but it would be nice.
I'm looking for something with warmth and detail as well as a large soundstage. I listen to a lot of guitar based music, acoustic and rock, as well as instrumental and blues, and lots of live recordings. My room is 12x16 with an 8' ceiling and hardwood flooring. I will also be playing around with the room acoustics but I still don't think that I can get what I am looking for out of the Krell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
For a better idea of the room, here is a link to my virtual system.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vstrt&1102839173&view
pilotboy
There is a lot of solid advice above which I toally agree with. I owned a KAV300 breifly which was not bright but IMO, very sterile and unemotional sounding in my system. It unfortunately just left me cold.

I would advise the room tweeks and going for a tube integrated amp. Cary, Jolida, Prima Luna, or even Manley.

Good luck

Chris
Plinius (8200/9200) or Mcintsosh (6500) may be what you are looking for. Both have decent phono and HT bypass. May give up a little speed/slam to the Krell, but fits your description.

For less money, Jungson and Consonance also make excellent solid-state or hybrid integrateds- but don't have as many features as Plinius or Mcintosh.

There are a lot decent tube integrateds out there (Antique Sound Labs, Primaluna, Jolida, Rogue, etc)- that may or may not work with your speakers. Also, tubes may give you a larger soundstage, but are not necessarily smoother or less bright than good solid-state, especially at higher volumes.
Thanks for all the responses. I had a feeling the room was a big part of the problem. I think that Chris described the krell better than me, sterile, unemotional and cold. I'm not really sure where to start with the room treatments. I've thought of putting a rug on the floor but also maybe something on the wall behind the system?
I had the Krell 300i for a short time. The excellent bass response was the only thing I found positive about it. I thought it had a hard clinical sound bordering on brittle at times. All sound-no music. I replaced it with an Anthem Amp 2 integrated using premium Amperex 6922's in the front end and found music again at less cost.