NAD 3140 - I know nothing

I have just bought this NAD 3140 integrated amp and know nothing about it at all. In fact, I know nothing about hi fi at all, but I love well-reproduced music (jazz, classical, really old blues and other American "roots" music, and lots more besides), so I want to start learning. Unfortunately, my budget is extremely meagre.

I've searched around on the 'net and found references to a legendary NAD 3020 and a few others. They all seem to be well thought of, but nothing about this one, even specifications - and I don't even know how many watts output it has!

What I'd be most gratful for would be recomendations for cheap old speakers to match it, and a tuner too. Because I've read that CD players are more likely to be faulty, I've been thinking of using a new DVD player with it to play CDs (and kill two birds with one stone - I'll be able to watch DVDs too) - is that a good idea?

Just can't seem to get this kind of advice down here in New Zealand!
wetagogo
I actualyy own this amp. I used to have a manual, but seem to have lost it in a move. I believe that it is rated at 35-40 Watts into 8 ohms. I only used it as a pre-amp for the time it was in my system. I plan on taking it out of storage as soon as I move, for a bedroom system. This too was my first foray into better sound. It put up with years of abuse and still keeps tickin'. Enjoy.
This was a 40w / ch unit but it had about 3-5db of headroom making it sound more powerful than it really was. I also think it (if memory serves) was a dual mono with separate power transformers for the output stages and a preamp transformer. Well built little unit.
As for speakers, I was using it with the "Large Advent" speakers. It made nice sound. I used a Dual 1229 turntable with a Shure V15 Type III cartridge and a NAD 4020 Tuner.
I sold this unit a bunch of years back but still have my original 3020. This unit sounded like a more powerful 3020.
NAD is a good starting point. I don't know too many who have not owned a NAD or two! Find you a nice economical pair of speakers and a NAD tuner. Nice little system on the cheap.