Las Vegas

Hi,

I know that there are many people interested in music in this wonderful city of distraction! Let's hear from you and enhance our experience together. To me, this is a sure bet!

Paul(Green Valley)
pmrodier
question: I have recently visted Las Vegas this past CES show(early Jan), and frequently make trips to Vegas for play as well. I am always currious as to how easy it is to find great deals on audio/video equipment in the Vegas area, due to the obvious problems that occure for people who "need quick cash" and have to sell their stuff!?! So, do you in the Vegas area ever come across great deals on new/current higher end audio/video equip in your neck of the woods? I've always been currios about this, as the pawn shops FLOURISH there in Vegas, I know!
Any input would be appreciated
To be honest, I have yet to look into this because I figure that audiophiles are "more" balanced! I'm sure that if one would check on a constant basis, he could get lucky. What a task that would be! I will do this some day and post it.
Is there anyone out there who has 2 pair of speaker wires, of any length, to audition and/or borrow for my new Vandersteen 3a Sigs while I finalize my thinking and purchase? I need a small spade on the speaker end and a pin or banana on the monobloc end.
Thank you.
Also, Is there anyone out there who would be comfortable with replacing a hardwire with an IEC in my Sony 222es sacd player. I am told it is a tight fit but can be done.
March is under way and I am still the only member of "our" Las Vegas _____ Club!!! I would like to share favorite music as well as hardware preferences.
Paul