Ground 'box' what's in them?

Anyone have any idea what's going on inside these ground 'boxes' some companies are coming out with?

Examples are the Entreq, Synergistic Research et al.
ppeters
I bought a $13 in line transformer to eliminate hum from my cable connection ground when attached to my system. Works like a charm by design. If its not clear exactly what ground problem a product solves and how though, and if the results cannot be determined clearly don't buy it.
http://www.andersen.sdu.dk/vaerk/hersholt/TheEmperorsNewClothes_e.html

Above link to a fairytale that very well explain my take on this

Good listening

Peter
Perhaps the first of the Ground Enhancers was the Acoustic Revive RGC-24. A wire from one of you components goes to a metal cyninder that contains Tourmaline and "other" minerals.Especially when attached to an unused RCA input of a preamp, there is a significant effect. High frequencies are diminished with the effect being a blacker background and better imaging.

The Synergistic Research Grounding Block is somewhat different in that the Grounding Block also plugs into the ground of a wall socket. Unlike the Acoustic Revive product multiple components plug into the Grounding Block. The effect on sound seems to envolve more frequencies than the Acoustic Revive unit.

I have tried both products in my horn speaker system and in my dedicated headphone system. Both systems due affect a significant change to the system's sound.

I think both are worthy of trying.
I have not tried the Entrigg System. It is very much more expensive but has a myriad of options. There is a thread about this product at the Whats the best Audio Forum that runs for 16 + pages.
Peter -- which of these ground boxes have you actually tried?

Please explain to us exactly how you've come to the conclusion(s) you have.

thanks
Had a demonstration of the Synergistic Research one in my system a few years back.

However, just try to think logically about it, all your equipment is already connected to ground via its power cord if designed properly. So all you do by adding a second ground connection is adding a ground loop - which are no good. In case you have double insulated equipment, indicated by a pair of squares, one inside the other usually by the ac inlet, and equipment usually supplied with a 2 pronged power cored, you are connecting "nothing" to ground.

I you really want to know about proper grounding I'd encourage you to read this paper.

Bill Withlock Ground Papers

Good Listening

Peter