New H20 Signature S250

After reaading a lot of reviews about these amps, i emailed Henry to build me (2) S250 to biamp my speakers, I have an immediate response from him and this is what he say:

Hi Patrick,

The Amps are the Signature Stereo which has an addional Big Toroidal
transfomrer which makes it a true dual mono design, for $300 more which
makes the amp now $2800. Of course, The amp is improved over the
regular stereo across the whole Audio Spectrum. If you want the regular
version stereo, let me know.

Thanks for the number and I'll try to give you a call sometime today.

Henry

Does anyone yet owned this amp?
rneclps
I just got thru with another set of comparisons of the H2O S250 Sigs and my Tact 2150s. The sigs were, of course, run from the analog outputs of the TCS MK II while the Tact amps were fed from digital outputs. Both were plugged into their own PS audio Ultimate outlets which were then plugged into a single PS Audio P600 regenerator.

First up were the Tact amps. They were very smooth but after a while I felt something was missing...a bit of low level information as well a bit of drive. The sound was pretty and involving but a bit on the, well, boring side. I kept wanting the music to pick up the pace. It took me about a week to get past the pretty sound and start carping along those lines. The S250 Sigs were sitting idle.

Then I switched over to the S250s. Well the difference was immediate and obvious even without warm up. My right foot started tapping immediately. The sound was pretty as well but very, very open. And the bass, wow, the bass was like you read about, very tight, focused but well integrated with the music, providing a rather thrilling underpinning to everything.

This was a surprise as before when I sent my standard S250s back to Henry for updating I slightly preferred the Tact's using the exact same setup. Now the table were turned quite noticeably.

This tells me a couple of things. First, the DACs in the TCS are quite good and second, the Signature upgrade has turned a really good amp into a great amp.

I've not given up on the Tact amps yet as I've been feeding their digital inputs with a cheap set of Radio Shack digital interconnects because they were the only ones with the right length to reach the amps. I really need to try something a little bit more uptown. Also, several people have suggested that I do the upsampling just after the transport, then feed the TCS with that, and finally, put a Monarchy jitter reducer just before the input of each amp. Great! Just what I want, more boxes and wires. But I'm going to give it a try.

Jeff
When I demoed the S250 sig, using the PS Audio P600 held back the dynamics in the h2o. It was MUCH better without. (Dedicated 20 amp circuit.) A friend also demoed the amp and found it much more dynamic without his BPT, much to his surprise!
Actually, I do get a bit of compression using the P600 after a certain volume level is reached. But then I don't listen real loud and my room has concrete walls, floor and ceiling so it's very "efficient". However, the P600 does indeed clean things up a lot and so do the ultimate outlets. When I get the scratch up, I'll start trolling for another P600 to dedicate to the amps.

Jeff
1953/Jeff- first, does your TCS have an upgraded power supply? Next do your 2150s have any modifications? Three get rid of the the PS Audio power conditioner. Four use good quality AES digital cables to connect the TCS to the
2150s.

If the the answer to the first two questions is no, look at
at :
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?accstwek&1123985987

He can also help you with power conditioning that works properly with digital amps, and cables.
Hi all,

I just finished a very satisfying audition of the H20 Signature Stereo. It is a wonderful sounding amp and Henry is a true gentleman to deal with! I could easily live with this amp and may yet, but... there is at least one more amp that I would like to audition. The Butler 2250 has me very intrigued and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with that amp. I realize that it is a completely different animal and that it sucks up a lot more household power (from the specs) than the ultra efficient ICE power amps. I do environmental work and I live in California, so reducing my energy bills does matter... up to a point. Thanks.