Is Odyssey Power amp Stratos better than Krell?

Hi,

Would like to ask you guys about odyssey stratos power amplifier (extreme & monoblock range). Does this amp really good compare to, i.e Krell, plinius?

lots of reviewers gave high rating (audioreview) and they claimed that the sound is better than Krell, Plinius...very transparent, firm bass and imaging.

I'm using Krell KSA80B, are they better for a change?..I Listen to Sting, norah jones, Sarah McLachlan, Radiohead, Coldplay..etc.

Thanks for any inputs
dadio_cool003c
I know of no other amps that can compete with Odyssey at their price point. They represent a tremendous value! I also agree with Klaus, that there are at times, unjustified bashing going on in the forums, if you don't have anything positive to add, don't say it! I believe there is an underlying code of conduct here. You may personally state your preference on any given product over the other but to attempt to destroy an excellent product's reputation which is second to none because your having a bad day is ethically wrong. Interestingly enough, if you run a thread as to which power amp is the best, you will get at least 100 different answers. Just my opinion.
"if you don't have anything positive to add, don't say it!"
I could not agree less !
this way products would have only positive reviews like in Stereophile ? Because even mediocre products would finally found somebody who would like it. I personally know somebody who really loves his $100 worth audio. Does it mean it is great. No it is subjectively great for him, as Stratos are for you.
This is free forum. I have read 200 positive review of SPONY 9000ES, I wish somebody would have written one negative review it would make me listen to it first before purchase, I would have avoided big disappointment.
I understand that you like Stratos, that is Ok, as it should be that others do not like it.
maybe you should publish list of equipment which nobody should criticize :),
I do not think that anybody was trying to distroy anything.
Sorlowski, we just agreed to some extent. Let me explain my opinion further as I should have. There is a clear difference between constructive criticism & bashing a product or person. This may also be the very reason why some members are reluctant to express their opinions. I am not saying that one shouldn't state why they prefer a product over another. As you said above & I agree, without opposition the forums would be useless. I am suggesting to keep it tasteful without offending the other persons opinion. I believe that bashing a product or person falls under the category of being distasteful & rude. It is known that the Odyssey Stratos garnered many excellent reviews on audioreview.com. and I agree with them. If a person don't like it or prefer another product more, say so but keep it civilized. For example: I started a thread on the Belles 150A & its attributes. There was some opposition to my findings but the member disagreed in a appropriate manner. Anyway I wanted to try Krell but Krell personally told me it would be the kiss of death with my horn loaded speakers.
"It is known that the Odyssey Stratos garnered many excellent reviews"
so did SONY, Krell, and I do not like any of them, I used to care about what reviewers had to say about equipment, but after a lot of listening , audio shows I'm free man now. When something sounds to me like crap I have courage to admit it to myself (and others) even if everybody around seems to like it and oposite way too. I hate OTL amp for example :) they sound lifeless and weak to me. But it is very subjective, I have friend who hate my sweet sound and like his stinging sharp Krell sound.
His comments about my sugar Supratek are not uncivilized to me (only funny) but could be to others. Critique is good thing if you know how to take it.
So do not take it personally but I was excited when I noticed Stratos in 2004 and 2005 in NY (read so many great reviews about them, more nearly order them based on price and common love to them), so I was so disappointed because their sound I identify with mid-quality audio I used to have for 15 years.
And this is not objective statement but MINE subjective impression. And there is nothing in the world what would change my impression.
As a consolation I really did not like on HE in NY "Atma-Sphere - weak, lifeless", "Bel Canto - bizarre sound", "Spectral - powerful but souless", "TACT - superb imaging but I got headache".
Is this bashing product or person - I do not think so.

I loved VAC, Manley, Jeff Rowland, Viola, (system with Cox speakers).
Sorlowski, I don't think anything you said above is out of line as your entitled to your opinion! If I got a headache from listening to the Tact, I would say so as well. I also appreciate your opinion on the Spectral as I was thinking of trying that amp! I am happy for you that you believe your ears & not the reviews (not everyone can go to audio shows & may rely more on accurate reviews) but your not really free until you can be satisfied with one system & maybe you are. Might be a tall order for most audiophiles as I am making my own efforts here. Also your very fortunate to live near or in New York & have access to all those fine audio shows. I live in a country setting and have to climb a telephone pole just to answer the phone. Just kidding! Anyway it is my opinion that when purchasing a pair of speakers that your laying the foundation to a great system hopefully & will effect your choices on other components, matching can be critical here. That is why it may be important to see what speakers the reviewer is using. But in regards to power amps, it has been said that one mans bright sounding amplifier is another mans extended amp which I think you basically said as well.