Is Odyssey Power amp Stratos better than Krell?

Hi,

Would like to ask you guys about odyssey stratos power amplifier (extreme & monoblock range). Does this amp really good compare to, i.e Krell, plinius?

lots of reviewers gave high rating (audioreview) and they claimed that the sound is better than Krell, Plinius...very transparent, firm bass and imaging.

I'm using Krell KSA80B, are they better for a change?..I Listen to Sting, norah jones, Sarah McLachlan, Radiohead, Coldplay..etc.

Thanks for any inputs
dadio_cool003c
Trelja,
Really you believe it was revelation, I have found them very unrefined, coarse sounding, one of the worst. I'm not kidding.
For me revelation was Wavac, BAT (Sound&Singer) on the cheaper but still not cheap side: VAC,Manley I know they are much more expensive, and it could be heard... They were revelation I cannot afford (at least now), Oddyssey I could but I would not be able listen to it, sorry.
Sorlowski, I am sorry to hear that you feel this way.

While one of the bigger tube afficianados on the site, I think you can see where I stand as far as Odyssey goes. My friend who is not an audiophile gave it a serious listen, and found it fit into her budget after she began to hear the differences between true high end audio equipment and what she had always assumed was available to her.
Joe, thanks for the kind words.
Sorlowski, well, what can I say. If it's not your taste, then so be it. That's cool with me. However, doesn't sound like everything was 100 % then. So, did you listen to our amp or the ODL copy ? what was the system, and what about the synergy ? What was the room acoustics, and did you have an A/B with another amp in the same system to see whether you listened to deficiencies in the amp or the room / rest of the system ? Was the amp biased correctly or was it totally out of whack.

Let's assume for a minute that it was the amp indeed, and obviously something was wrong. Bias gone off or somebody played around with it. Well, if any of my customers or new owners of used amps doesn't believe that it is that good or right, then I offer a FREE !!! test and tune-up.

So, under these conditions it should perform well than.
Having said that, I've never ever claimed that it's the best amp around. Damn, there are so many amps that I'd personally rather have than my Stratos. HOWEVER, none of them remotely for the cost of the Stratos. So, I'm absolutely and strictly aiming at the bang for the buck.

Late,

Klaus
Nevermind, I did the research here.
Sorlowski, yes, you heard my room at the 2004 show. Which system was playing ? Well, was that sitting or standing near the door ? That's a legitimate question, since everybody, in every single magazine, and even John Atkinson and all the other Stereophile guys, remarked on how open the sound was. The same sound that you described as boxy in the past.

Well, to be totally honest though, the room dynamics and the fact that the system wasn't 100 % broken in didn't let the bigger system with the Stratos shine completely. I messed up with procrastinating a bit too much and yes, the sound was sub-par to me even though 9 out 10 more than liked it. Go figure.

Anyway, I really wish you could have made it to last months HE 2005 in my room, because this time I was properly prepared, and personally, very satisfied with the result.

Late,

Klaus