Cary CAD-572SE MK2

I have Vienna Acoustic Beethoven Grands, with a BAT VK-31SE pre. I am in the process of purchasing this Cary SET amp. Am I going to have a problem with synergy? I have never owned a tubed power amp, just pre-amps. It will be replacing a BAT VK-200, so it seems like it's going to be a huge drop in power. I called Cary today to check on whether or not this amp would drive my speakers and in the middle of the conversation, I realized I was talking to Dennis Had(DAMN!) Anyway Dennis said that it would drive my speakers with ease.
I guess I just want some reinforcement from other Gon'ers that, I am not screwing up too much.
jdodmead
As a former owner of 572SEs (about 5 years ago) I suggest you quickly buy as many output tube pairs as are available. I don't think they are made anymore and the life expectancy tends to be about 9-10 months. Get 'em while you can.

By the way, I also thoroughly enjoyed the music making ability of these, my 2nd SETs. They properly and loudly drove ProAc 2.5s in my small (11 x 13 x 8) listening room and had good bass control, extended highs, real musicallity, etc.
I did receive an extra set of 572's when I received the amps.
Dennis Had also mentioned around 9 months would be the anticipated life span of the tubes. He also suggested sending in the amps to be upgraded to a different tube for a $1000. I thought I would wait until these went and then I would sell the amps(with the spare set of tubes)and then upgrade to one of the newer models.
If I did want to buy extra tubes, any Idea what they cost?
Congrats Jeff! Enjoy the music.
Just for future reference, what are the dimensions of you listening room?

Cheers,
John
My room is approx 14 x 24 and the speakers are on the long wall in the center. I sit 7-8 feet from them and there is a 56" rear projection tv between them. It's a full function system.
Jeff
More to discover